Sign up for Early Voting


Voter Information Center

Here’s How I Plan to Protect Arizona Voters Rights:

Stop using the Secretary of State Office for partisan purposes. I renounce using the Office to support a partisan candidate or for political games.

Stop the influence of “Dark Money” by providing accurate and timely disclosure of the source of all political contributions. Arizonan’s deserve to know who is trying to influence their votes.

Educate voters and facilitate voting in Arizona by using Help America Vote Act (HAVA) money sitting at the Secretary of State office to make the voting process easier to access and less confusing.

Empower Independents in the political process. No registered Independent has even been elected to a statewide office or the legislature, yet Independents make up the largest voter bloc in the state. The Secretary of State can help Independents understand their rights, make it easier to vote, and run for office.

How can I make sure I am registered to vote?


When should I send in my ballot if I am on the Permanent Early Voter List (PEVL)?

  • General Election Ballots can be sent in starting October 9, 2014 but must be received at a County Recorder’s office or polling place by 7:00pm on Election Day
  • To request a mail in ballot, contact your County Recorder’s Office before October 24
  • Return your ballot ASAP it must be received by your County Recorder’s Office or turned in at any polling place by 7:00pm on November 4

Where should I vote if I am not on the Permanent Early Voter List (PEVL) or I did not vote my mail ballot?

  • To find your polling place call the Office of the Secretary of State 1-877-THE VOTE (1-877-843-8683) or visit
  • NOTE: If you receive a mail ballot but do not return your mail ballot, you may vote in person but your ballot will be considered “provisional” and not counted until officials determine your mail ballot has not been cast

What is the dual-track voting system and how does it affect me?

The dual-track voting system is new this election. It divides voters into federal and state categories. If you voted in prior elections, you are in the state group and will be able to vote in all elections, state and federal. If you recently registered using the federal registration form and did not provide documents proving US citizenship you may be on the federal list and will only be able to vote for congressional candidates in your district. If you are currently on the federal list but wish to qualify for the state list, you can bring proof of citizenship to your County Recorder’s office prior to the October 6th deadline for registering. To confirm that you are on the state voter list visit or Call your County Recorder’s Office.

What if I am stationed overseas and need to vote by absentee ballot?

  • Complete and sign the FPCA using your State's instructions. Find your state's instructions
  • Fold and seal your FPCA. If using the online FPCA, print, sign and put it in an envelope. You qualify for free postage if you use the approved envelope template.
  • Address and mail the FPCA to your local election official. Be sure to include your return address, and affix postage if using a foreign postal service.
  • Absentee Ballot Application: Must be received by 5:00 p.m. 11 days before the election
  • Voted Absentee Ballot: Must be received by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day

What upcoming election dates should I watch out for?

The 2014 general election is November 4, 2014

What is the deadline to register to vote?

Deadline to register to vote was October 6, 2014.

PDF_downlaod.pngDownload a printable version of our Voter FAQ